Please see the rubrics for grading criteria.
Please read case 1 from the section on the case studies “Alphabet Inc.: Reorganizing Google” from your textbook. Respond to the questions below in a 4 to 6 page APA formatted paper supported by at least three academic sources.
- The effect of the event that happened in 2015 on Google’s stock prices; please explain this by preparing a table that shows historical data.
- Was this move due to Google’s stagnant share price and an attempt to pacify investors?
- Analyze the effect of Google’s decision to restructure itself under a new holding after 2015.
- Evaluate whether the expansion of Google Inc. into non-core businesses, including self-driving cars, life sciences research, high-speed Internet access, and investment divisions was a good move for Google. Please provide historical data to prove your points.
- Describe how the restructuring has made the company’s competitiveness stronger in the market and increased profitability and company valuation?
- Finally, if you conclude that this move was beneficial for Google, explain the economic ground for this profitability:
- Higher market share,
- Economies of scale, or
- Something else
Case Study Link: https://axveco.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Case-Study-Teaching-Note-Module-2-Alphabet.pdf